I'm about to start doing weekly matinees every Sunday at the Big Top starting in April. Already have a few folks lined up to help out and most of the slots booked. The basic idea is to have local bands from different "scenes," so we can get some cross pollination of crowds, push locals in different and better directions, raise some money for local non-profits, etc. The shows will be at 2pm, I want to limit the bills to 3 locals, and ideally I'd like to keep the door at $5 (or $3 with book or food donations, so it's ultra cheap).
What I need help with:
- BANDS. I still need to fill a few slots in April.
- FOOD. Probably the most important thing. I'd like to see if we can start having free, vegan food at these shows. Would need a few people who are committed to getting food (dumpstering?), cooking it, and bringing it the day of. Maybe we can kick some door money to this. Maybe we can take donations at the food table to raise money for this. I'd like to see this as a springboard maybe for a NOLA Food Not Bombs. And also something to push people towards veganism. Or, at the very least, an incentive for people to come to the shows.
- SOUND. Anyone want to run sound and/or learn how to run sound? Might see what I can snag from Josh and whoever else to build a slightly better PA that we can keep at the space.
- STAGE MANAGING. Michael is going to be the main point person for this, but I'm sure we'll end up needing help.
- DOOR. Anyone want to run the door?
- PROMOTIONS. Getting flyers out. The usual.
Get in touch if you want to be a part of this in any way:firstname.lastname@example.org
Respond to this post with any ideas or suggestions.